The ethos of the school is based on the following principles:
- All children’s behaviour can become more positive
- All children can achieve success
- The promotion of self esteem is essential for children to learn and develop social skills and awareness
- Praise and reward can raise self esteem and improve behaviour
- Positive role models promote positive behaviours
- Rights and responsibilities must go together
- A safe, caring, consistent environment is essential for children to be supported and to thrive
Small Haven School has a multi-disciplinary professional approach concerned with the physical, emotional and spiritual well being of the students with special/complex needs. It encompasses care and education, We work closely with students, parents, carers and other professionals. We aim to provide security and continuity for children who have not succeeded in previous education settings. We provide an environment which gives children an opportunity to thrive, develop and understand themselves. Alongside this we look ahead, to supporting our students beyond our school, enabling them to access the most appropriate setting for their ongoing education.
Equal Opportunities and Diversity
Small Haven School is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all students staff and others who come into contact with the school regardless of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, religious faith or disability. All who work in, learn in or visit the school should feel welcome and secure at all times. They should feel valued and able to participate fully in the life of the school.